- Squeaky floor or bed – try baby powder or cornflour in the gaps
- Fridge running warm – vacuum the back of it and move it away from the wall a bit more.
- Scratched CD’s or DVD’s – try a little hair gel rubbed into the scratches. Wash off with water and dry well before playing.
- Seal up draughts – big cracks in walls around windows can be filled with newspaper. Scrunch up small bits and force into the space with a screwdriver. You can use filler to make the mend neater afterwards.
- Descale the kettle – squeeze a lemon into a half full kettle and boil. Rinse a couple of times before using for anything other than herbal tea.
- Sticky zip – rub a pencil along the teeth of the zip then move the zip head back and forth to loosen.
- Sticky drawer – rub a candle on any areas that stick.
- Scuffed lino – rub with white toothpaste and a clean cloth.
The book also includes this handy worksheet and you can print it off for free by clicking here to download it.
Join in with the conversation in the less-stuff Facebook group to share your ideas. I’d love to hear how this works for you.
Countdown to Cosy is a collaboration with The Frugal Family – check out what they are up to on their website www.thefrugalfamily.co.uk